if u dont like scrubs, we cant be friends
TV: doctor who, supernatural, friends, scrubs, daria, sherlock, adventure time, shameless, bob's burgers, teen wolf
PEOPLE: beyoncé, emma stone, tom hiddleston, hayley williams, justin timberlake, jennifer lawrence, dylan o'brien
MOVIES: disney, marvel, scott pilgrim vs. the world, the social network, lord of the rings, jurassic park, back to the future, pacific rim, shaun of the dead, the hobbit, star wars
- found their phone number in a library book au
- hitchhiker ride au
- met through online rpg au
- disneyworld cosplayers au
- accidentally taking each other’s bags au
- camp councelors au
- antiques shop au
- called the wrong number while drunk au
- sex shop au
- found your their dog au
- crashed the their car au
- yoga class au
- public demonstration au
Derek Hale literally leaving to run errands and buy Halloween candy for children.
Because I took a nap and now I’m awake and it’s like 3am and I saw this
"…That’s why I choose L’Oreal MenExpert. Because the only thing that should look vintage and worn… is my jacket."
"Stiles. Stiles." Scott throws a glance over his shoulder. "Is he kidding me with this? Stiles!”
The spoon drops into the milk with a clang, the front of his shirt pretty much ruined. So it’s either smelling like sour dairy for the night or wearing the only clean one he has left with the basketball-playing sheep. Stiles scowls. “What the fuck, Scott?”
"You weren’t listening!" Scott explains, and it almost sounds apologetic. Almost, if not for the vague hint of amusement dancing in his bro’s eyes.
"Nah," Isaac calls from the doorway, where he’s leaning. Isaac leans, because he likes to pretend he’s too good for standing upright, or something. Which is bullshit, because Isaac isn’t too good for anything, and Stiles remembers that period in junior high when he straightened his hair. “He was just ogling Derek.”
"Don’t you have somewhere else to be unusually tall and not funny?" Stiles asks, holding the cotton away from his chest, but then he freezes, cocking his head. "Wait, who?"
Even Scott frowns back at that one. “Derek,” he says, like it’s obvious.
Stiles sets the bowl distractedly on the coffee table and mutes the TV. It doesn’t matter, his Imaginary L’Oreal Boyfriend’s commercial is only repeated once an hour, or so he’s noticed.
"Who’s Derek?" he asks with genuine confusion.
"The commercial guy," Isaac informs, gesturing at the screen like it’s obvious. "Doesn’t shave and looks like he just remembered something upsetting yet important all the time. Derek Hale?"
"As in brother of Cora Hale?"
"Boyd and Erica’s roommate?" Scott says, in a Stiles-you-know-this kind of way, which is rude, because he decidedly did not know any of this and there’s been a conspiracy to keep it from him.
Derek/Stiles Clickable Bookshelf Banner [x]
Recs: A small selection of Sterek fics that got me hooked into this fandom.
- To Have Outlived the Night by Stillane [R]
- By and By series by 1001cranes [NC-17]
- Lock All The Doors Behind You by entanglednow [R]
- Integral to Survival by asocialfauxpas [R]
- The View From My Window by primroseshows [NC-17]
- Tricksters Make This World by wldnst [PG-13]
- 9/10ths of the Law by tsukinofaerii [PG-13]
- go home, or make a home by lady_ragnell [PG-13]
- Crash Landers by gyzym [PG-13]
- You are the Moon by skoosiepants [PG-13]
- Hide Of A Life War by Etharei [NC-17]
- Open the Door by Renay [PG-13]
- Darling It Is No Joke by thehoyden [NC-17]
- Spark, Smolder, Catch by qthelights [NC-17]
- when the highway takes me by paxlux [R]
- DILF by twentysomething [NC-17]
- Cupboard Love by mklutz [G]
- Muérdago by starbolin [NC-17]
He doesn’t know his name, he doesn’t know who he is, and neither does the werewolf he’s on the run with. But he’s pretty sure they hunt monsters, because they seem to be really good at it.
“I think you are,” Derek says grudgingly.
“What?” Stiles stops trying to decide if he likes his ears and looks at him.
“My - ” Derek stops and pulls a face. “I think we’re together.” He shakes his head, as if whatever he’s feeling is hard to explain. “You feel almost familiar, everything else - the idea of anyone else coming close to me is - it makes me want to break something. You, you’re non-threatening, you’re like a vibration under the skin, all tones of motion and enthusiasm, and you’re - good.” The frown slips away, as if he’d found the word he was struggling for.
Good? Stiles supposes he can live with that.
“So does that mean you - do you find me attractive?” He can’t believe he actually asked that, once it’s out. But he does genuinely want to know. He’s trying to piece together what the hell is going on, and if they’re together then Derek must at least find him a little attractive, right? Also, it’ll be a huge ego boost if the answer’s yes.
Derek throws him a pointed look.
“I did, before I knew you were underage.”
when you think about it fanfiction is actually amazing
there are thousands of brilliantly written novel-length stories kids wrote from their own brains about characters and shows/books/movies they love all twined into the internet and other kids read these 50k+ stories in their own time and invest themselves in it
nobody’s being paid to write it and nobody’s being told to read it, people do it because they legitimately enjoy it
that is just kind of amazing
- Calling people by their names is okay and it doesn’t get old. Please don’t constantly say things like “the genius” or “the shorter man”.
- Insinuate means to hint, or suggest (like the way that Mycroft lets you know that they will never find your body if you do not comply with his wishes). It is not something that you do physically. One can not insinuate their hand into someone’s pants, as vocabulary does not work that way.
- Use that word correctly or I swear on all that is good in this world that I will smite you.
- Related to the first bullet point, you needn’t resort to using bad euphemisms for genitalia. It just distracts one from the porn, and there is nothing wrong with using the word cock. (That is, unless said character hasn’t a cock. Then you’d have to find another word, of course.)
- FORMAT. Please, please format in a way that is easy to read. If you don’t know how to format, look at the most liked stories and copy. You don’t know how many times I’ve stopped reading because it just wasn’t worth muddling through the formatting fails.
That’s all I can think of right now. Feel free to add anything I’ve missed.
A lot of ero writers these days are young, and therefore virgins. It’s difficult to write about something you don’t have personal experience with (that’s why none of my characters are smokers, for example). As such, a lot of the same errors keep cropping up in a lot of m/m fic, transcending fandoms, and all across the world. So, for your information, here is something you may find helpful:
Ten Facts about Anal Sex and Penises, Presented by a Dude Who Has Had Sex:
- Before you write, research your setting and learn medical facts about the demographic. For example: 70% of men in the US are circumcised, regardless of religion. And getting cut doesn’t leave a scar; it just creates something called a flayed discoloration. This would not be anything fascinating to an American man because it’s the norm. If anything, they would be fascinated by an uncut one. Most American men have never seen a foreskin.
- Men do not require lubricant to jack off, even if they are circumcised. Dry masturbation is not painful. The purpose of lotion is to simulate a vagina, not to alleviate pain. This is because the skin is not being rubbed; it is being pushed. Try to jack off your arm and apply just enough pressure to slide the skin over the muscle, and note how it doesn’t hurt at all.
- Men get boners ridiculously fast and for absolutely no reason. It may seem like a sexist exaggeration that simply looking at a boob would make a dude pop a boner, or that wearing dress slacks would do it, but it’s not. The story about sporting a surprise spear in math class is so true, men can’t even find it funny. Think of it as the male equivalent of getting your period in class; it’s that real and possible. So stop writing men taking forever to get hard, or getting embarrassed when they get hard quickly. They grew up with their hyperactive genitalia, they’re used to it, they don’t care.
- Do not confuse a chubby with a half-hard dick. A chubby looks flaccid, but is swollen; it is a dick on the path to getting hard, and this is a transitory state in constant motion. Chubbies do not leak precum; halfies do. A “half-hard dick” is kind of a misnomer, because it has fully erected, but is not on the edge of ejaculating. It does not look half-hard; they are not floppy. Stop confusing these states of bonerism.
- The size of a flaccid dick has nothing to do with its size when erect. Some are like Slinkies: one moment it fits in a Pez dispenser; the next you can stretch it down the block. Others are the same size whether hard or soft. You cannot tell if a man is a grower or a shower just by looking at a softie.
- If a man needs to ejaculate and is denied, the urge doesn’t just slowly ebb away. The nuts expect to release, and when they don’t, they start screaming. Orgasm denial is painful. It’s an ache in the balls similar to getting kicked. That’s what “blue balls” is. When a man’s dick is fully hard and leaking precum, he has toejaculate, or it is going to hurt. Dudes aren’t like chicks; they can’t fuck some and then stop without release if their partner cums first.
- Dudes aren’t like chicks. Therefore: The ass does not work like the vagina. The rectum does not produce its own lubricant and will not “get easier” with continued motion; it actually gets drier because the rectal walls absorb lube. The anus has much higher elasticity than the vagina and snaps back into place almost instantly (you don’t leak farts and butt juice for hours after a poop, do you?).
- Many women can fuck straight through an orgasm and cum multiple times in one round. Men cannot marathon orgasms like that. When a man ejaculates, he is done and goes flaccid. In the second round, orgasm takes significantly longer to reach. Stop writing dudes ejaculating twice in one round of sex.
- The Ass Doesn’t Work Like The Vagina Part 2: The rectum is largely devoid of stimulation. You don’t feel every groove and inch of your poop as it moves, do you? The stimulation comes from the anus and the prostate, not the rectal walls. If the sex is bareback, the catcher will almost certainly not feel the ejaculate of the pitcher. If the pitcher’s dong is really long, it will reach a point where the catcher feels like their entire belly is full of dick, the way you feel bloated when you have a big poop.
- You have to be really, really turned on for anal sex to work. The anus is not one o-ring, but two, spaced about half an inch apart, and the inner o-ring is involuntary; it is always clenched unless you are about to poop (that is why farts make noise). The only way that inner ring relaxes is if a flux of hormones makes your lower abdominal muscles relax; in other words, you have to be so turned on your ass forgets to stay shut. This is why undrugged anal rape is so difficult. Consensual, heat-of-the-moment anal sex is not painful at all.
a massively extended version of ruthlesscalculus’ post
- Joss Whedon’s Top 10 Writing Tips
- Getting Out of Your Comfort Zone
- 34 Writing Tips that will make you a Better Writer
- 50 Free resources that will improve your writing skills
- 5 ways to get out of the comfort zone and become a stronger writer
- 10 ways to avoid Writing Insecurity
- The Writer’s Guide to Overcoming Insecurity
- The Difference Between Good Writers and Bad Writers
- You’re Not Hemingway - Developing Your Own Style
- 7 Ways to use Brain Science to Hook Readers and Reel them In
- 8 Short Story Tips from Kurt Vonnegut
- How to Show, Not Tell
- 5 Essential Story Ingredients
- How to Write Fiction that grabs your readers from page one
- Why research is important in writing
- Make Your Reader Root for Your Main Character
- Writing Ergonomics (Staying Comfortable Whilst Writing)
- The Importance of Body Language
- 10 days of Character Building
- Name Generators
- Name Playground
- Universal Mary Sue Litmus Test
- Seven Common Character Types
- Handling a Cast of Thousands Part 1 - Getting To Know Your Characters
- Web Resources for Developing Characters
- Building Fictional Characters
- Fiction Writer’s Character Chart
- Character Building Workshop
- Tips for Characterization
- Character Chart for Fiction Writers
- Villains are people too but…
- How to Write a Character Bible
- Character Development Exercises
- All Your Characters Talk the Same - And They’re Not A Hivemind!
- Medieval Names Archive
- Sympathy Without Saintliness
- Family Echo (Family Tree Maker)
- Behind The Name
- 100 Character Development Questions for Writers
- Aether’s Character Development Worksheet
- The 12 Common Archetypes
- Six Types of Courageous Characters
- Kazza’s List of Character Secrets - Part 1, Part 2
- Creating Believable Characters With Personality
- Body Language Cheat Sheet
- Creating Fictional Characters Series
- Three Ways to Avoid Lazy Character Description
- 7 Rules for Picking Names for Fictional Characters
- Character Development Questionnaire
- How to Create Fictional Characters
- Character Name Resources
- Character Development Template
- Character Development Through Hobbies
- Character Flaws List
- 10 Questions for Creating Believable Characters
- Ari’s Archetype Series
- How to Craft Compelling Characters
- List of 200 Character Traits
- Writing Characters of the Opposite Sex
- Making Your Characters Likable
- Do you really know your characters?
- Character Development: Virtues
- Character Development: Vices
- Character Morality Alignment
- List of Negative Personality Traits
- List of Positive Personality Traits
- List of Emotions - Positive
- List of Emotions - Negative
- Loon’s Character Development Series - Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4
- Phobia List A-L (Part 1), M-Z (Part 2)
- 30 Day In Depth Character Development Meme
- Words for Emotions based on Severity
- Eight Bad Characters
- High Level Description of the Sixteen Personality Types
- How Not to Write Female Characters
- Writing Female Characters
- How to write empowering female characters
- Why I write strong female characters
- Red Flags for Female Characters Written by Men
- Writing strong female characters
- The Female Character Flowchart
- Eight Heroine Archetypes
Tips for Specific Characters
- Writing A Vampire
- Writing Pansexual Characters
- Writing Characters on the Police Force
- Writing Drunk Characters
- Writing A Manipulative Character
- Writing A Friends With Benefits Relationship
- Writing A Natural Born Leader
- Writing A Flirtatious Character
- Writing A Nice Character
- Fiction Writing Exercises for Creating Villains
- Five Traits to Contribute to an Epic Villain
- Writing Villains that Rock
- Writing British Characters
- How To Write A Character With A Baby
- On Assassin Characters
- It’s Not What They Say…
- Top 8 Tips for Writing Dialogue
- Speaking of Dialogue
- The Great Said Debate
- He Said, She Said, Who Said What?
- How to Write Dialogue Unique to Your Characters
- Writing Dialogue: Go for Realistic, Not Real-Life
Point of View
Plot, Conflict, Structure and Outline
- Writing A Novel Using the Snowflake Method
- Effectively Outlining Your Novel
- Conflict and Character Within Story Structure
- Outlining Your Plot
- Ideas, Plots and Using the Premise Sheets
- How To Write A Novel
- Creating Conflict and Sustaining Suspense
- Plunge Right In…Into Your Story, That Is
- Tips for Creating a Compelling Plot
- 36 (plus one) Dramatic Situations
- The Evil Overlord Devises A Plot: Excerpt from Stupid Plot Tricks
- Conflict Test
- What is Conflict?
- The Hero’s Journey: Summary of Steps
- Outline Your Novel in Thirty Minutes
- Plotting Without Fears
- Novel Outlining 101
- Writing The Perfect Scene
- One-Page Plotting
- The Great Swampy Middle
- How Can You Know What Belongs In Your Book?
- Create A Plot Outline in 8 Easy Steps
- How to Organize and Develop Ideas for Your Novel
- Create Structure in your novel using index cards
- Choosing the best outline method for you
- Hatch’s Plot Bank
Setting & Worldbuilding
- Magical Word Builder’s Guide
- I Love The End Of The World
- World Building 101
- The Art of Description: Eight Tips to Help Bring Your Settings to Life
- Creating the Perfect Setting - Part 1
- Creating a Believable World
- Character and Setting Interactions
- Maps Workshop - Developing the Fictional World Through Mapping
- World Builders Project
- How To Create Fantasy Worlds
- Creating Fantasy and Science Fiction Worlds
Creativity Boosters* denotes prompts
- *Creative Writing Prompts
- *Ink Provoking
- *Story Starter
- *Story Spinner
- *Story Kitchen
- *Language is a Virus
- *The Dabbling Mum
- Quick Story Idea Generator
- Solve Your Problems By Simply Saying Them Out Loud
- Busting Your Writing Rut
- Creative Acceleration: 11 Tips To Engineer A Productive Flow
- Writing Inspiration, Or Sex on a Bicycle
- The Seven Major Beginner Mistakes
- Complete Your First Book with these 9 Simple Writing Habits
- Free Association, Active Imagination, Twilight Imaging
- Random Book Title Generator
- Finishing Your Novel
- Story Starters & Idea Generators
- Words to Use More Often
Revision & Grammar
- How To Rewrite
- Editing Recipe
- Cliche Finder
- Revising Your Novel: Read What You’ve Written
- Writing 101: Revising A Novel
- 20 Common Grammar Mistakes That (Almost) Everyone Makes
- Synonyms for the Most Commonly Used Words of the English Language
- Grammar Urban Legends
Tools & Software
- Tip Of My Tongue - Find the word you’re looking for
- Write or Die - Stay motivated
- Stay Focused - Tool for Chrome, lock yourself out of distracting websites
- My Writing Nook - Online Text Editor, Free
- Bubbl.us - Online Mind Map Application, Free
- Family Echo - Online Family Tree Maker, Free
- Freemind - Mind Map Application; Free; Windows, Mac, Linux, Portable
- Xmind - Mind Map Application; Free; Windows, Mac, Linux, Portable
- Liquid Story Binder - Novel Organization and Writing Application; free trial, $45.95; Windows, Portable
- Scrivener - Novel Organization and Writing Application; free trial, $39.95; Mac
- SuperNotecard - Novel Organization and Writing Application; free trial, $29; Windows, Mac, Linux, portable
- yWriter - Novel Organization and Writing Application; free; Windows, Linux, portable
- JDarkRoom - Minimalist Text Editing Application; free; Windows, Mac, Linux, portable
- AutoRealm - Map Creation Application; free; Windows, Linux with Wine
PODFIC - how have i not discovered these earlier?!?!?!?! 80k word sterek fic… oh hello 8 hours of work
- a young character
- a character who lost someone important
- a flirtatious character
- a villain (2) (3) (4)
- a character based on yourself
- a hit man or mercenary
- an indifferent character
- a bitchy character
- a gay character
- a dancer
- a vampire
- a pansexual character
- a character on the police force
- a drunk character
- a manipulative character
- a friends with benefits relationship
- a natural born leader (2)
- a nice character
- a british character
- a character with a baby
- an assassin
- a character with night terrors
- a rich character
- a witty character
- How to Write a Kissing Scene in a Romance Novel
- How to Write a Kissing Scene… Valentine Edition
- How to write a kiss (1)
- NaNoWriMo Expert: How To Write a Kiss? and Should You Write Sex?
- How to Write a Kissing Scene in 5 Simple Steps
- How to write a kiss (2)
- Kiss and Tell – How to Write a Kissing Scene.
- Masterlist - All about kisses in one place (GIFS, pictures, types of kisses)
Pairing: Bruce Banner/Peter Parker
Words: 48,720 | 9 Chapters
Summary: Peter misses his chance at saving the world alongside the Avengers, but he’s not out. When he scales Stark Tower hoping to meet Tony (and possibly secure a seat on the team) he instead meets Bruce, who has taken up a temporary residence while he continues his Hulk research. The two bond over science-y things, but between Bruce’s dry spell, Peter’s teen hormones, and the secret identities they’re still coming to grips with themselves, it doesn’t take long for things to get complicated.
*le sigh* Perfect fic is perfect.
Summary: Santana had spent a lot of time searching her soul and embracing her feelings and all that bullshit, which really just meant that she had spent the first few weeks of summer…
A Real Date - Santana asks Brittany out on a date. Brittany says yes. They go on the most adorable date of all time. Set in the summer after season 2.
If My Heart Was A Compass - Santana Lopez has a plan. A three-point plan. A really fucking efficient three-point plan that’s going to get her the hell out of Ohio. This is her story.
Influence - Brittany has spent most of her life being what people want or need her to be, and nothing more. She realizes that this isn’t working, and decides to do something about it.
Lake Hope - On the last weekend of summer, Brittany convinces Santana to come camping with her. For both bad reasons and good, it’s a trip neither of them will ever forget.
Must Be Felt - Starts out in season one explaining how Santana fell for her best friend.
Summer Memories - A summer in Los Angeles changes Brittany and Santana’s relationship. Set senior year and summer before.
Try Not Caring - Quinn is wondering about things and why she suddenly cares so much about everything. Maybe she’ll do something about the things that are bothering her lately. - Mostly her insight on Brittana and their friendship…
Curve Of The Earth - It’s been 2 years, 1 month and 6 days since Santana proposed. It’s taken 2 years, 1 month and 7 days for Santana to learn to live with herself again.
Never Say Goodbye - Santana runs into Puck after she’d decided to cut herself off from the world.
Reactions - Brittany knew Santana, probably as well as she knew herself. But if there was one thing, one part about her wife she’d never quite wrapped her head around, it was her reaction.
The World Is A Stage - Sort of AU/Future fic, the lives of Santana and Brittany in their early twenties.
The Worth Of Reputation - Santana is the true HBIC of McKinley. She makes things happen and is in total control of the entire school. Brittany teaches her, though, that she can’t control everything.
They Say Bad Things Happen For A Reason - Even now, after six months, the only thing she wants to do is call Brittany. Make sure she’s okay, hear her voice, see her face, feel the blood pumping through her veins. She wants all those things and she’s stuck hearing about it from Quinn.